Tianjin Guodian Beitang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Tianjin Guodian Beitang power station (国电津能天津滨海热电公司一期) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Tianjin Province, China.
The photo shows the plant site in Chuangye Village, Beitong Town, Binhai New Area, Tianjin Province.
Background on Project
China Guodian and Tianjin Jinneng Investment Company have completed a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 700 MW (2 x 350 MW) in Tianjin Province. Unit 1 began operating in August 2014 and Unit 2 in November or December 2014.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian and Tianjin Jinneng Investment Company
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group, Tianjin Energy Investment Group
- Location: Chuangye Village, Beitang Subdistrict, Binhai New Area, Tianjin Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.095704, 117.64407 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (2 x 350 MW)
- In service: 2014
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "北塘热电厂一期工程一号机组正式运行", 新华网天津频道, 2014-08-06
- "北塘热电厂一期工程一号机组正式运行," xhvision.net, 2014-08-06
- "北塘热电厂二号机组正式运行," bhntv.com.cn, 2014-12-06
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017