|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
Titus Generating Station
On February 29, 2012, GenOn Energy said it will close seven of its coal generating stations by 2015, citing impending environmental regulations. This included Titus, with a proposed closure date of April 2015.
The power station was retired in 2013.
- Owner: Reliant Energy Mid-Atlantic PH
- Parent Company: Reliant Energy
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 225 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 75 MW (1951), 75 MW (1951), 75 MW (1953)
- Location: 296 Poplar Neck Rd., Birdsboro, PA 19508
- GPS Coordinates: 40.300044, -75.903269
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 1,481,640 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions:
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions:
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- "GenOn Looking to Cut Generating Capacity … Shawville Plant in the Crosshairs," GantDaily.com, Feb. 29, 2012.
- Form EIA-860 Data - Schedule 3, Generator Data, US EIA, 2014
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Pennsylvania and coal
- Reliant Energy
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|