Uluköy power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Uluköy power station (not to be confused with Dinar Uluköy power station) is a proposed 640-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Afyon province, Turkey.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant's site, which is near Uluköy village, Dinar district, Afyon province.
Background on Plant
In June 2013, KLK Madencilik (a subsidiary of the Kulak Group) began the environmental permitting process to build a 640-MW, $675 million, mine-to-mouth coal-fired power plant in Afyon province. The plant would be built alongside a new KLK lignite coal mine with approximately 151 million tons of reserves.
- Sponsor: KLK Enerji Üretim A.Ş.
- Parent company: Kolin Group, Limak Holding, Kalyon Group
- Location: Uluköy village, Dinar district, Afyon province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 38.1999839, 30.2705505 (exact)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 640 MW
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source: Afyon Uluköy coal mine, Turkey
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- KLK Madencilik Uluköy Termik Santralı ÇED süreci başladı, Enerji Günlüğü, June 14, 2013.
- KLK Madencilik ve Elektrik Enerjisi A.Ş., Uluköy Termik Santrali ve Santrala Yakıt Sağlayan Maden Sahası ÇED Başvuru Dosyası, submitted to Ministry of Environment & Urban Planning, 2013.
- Dinar'da termik santral için ÇED raporu toplantısı, 03 Haber, July 19, 2013.
- Feasibility report, Kulak Group, 2014
- "KLK Enerji'nin devredilmesine RK izni," Enerji Günlüğü, 26 September 2016