Union Carbide South Charleston Power Plant
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of West Virginia and coal|
Union Carbide South Charleston Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Dow Chemical Company in South Charleston, West Virginia. The plant provides power to Dow's South Charleston chemicals and plastics manufacturing facility.
- Owner: Union Carbide
- Parent Company: Dow Chemical Company
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 6.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 6.0 MW (1953)
- Location: 437 MacCorkle Ave., South Charleston, WV 25303
- GPS Coordinates: 38.369908, -81.692615
- Electricity Production:
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.