United For Jobs
United for Jobs appears to be a fake grassroots organization or front group created by DCI Group. It counts as founding members and "coalition" partners several industry-funded groups that regularly support industry's interests, offering a veneer of citizen approval.
In its 2005 annual report, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce states that "members of United for Jobs work together to educate citizens about the costs and benefits of environmental proposals and their impact on the economy at the local, state, and national levels. The U.S. Chamber works with coalition members to develop policies used for legislative and regulatory advocacy."
The groups website states: "At no time in the last 150 years - through the great portion of America's industrial age - has our air and water been cleaner. The wealth created by a free economy is producing health for its people by making pollution control measures more affordable.
"But environmental policies don't occur in a vacuum, and they are not without cost. Good policies will produce benefits commensurate or exceeding those costs. Bad policies not only can produce few benefits, but by taxing the economy may actually lead to a worsening natural environment.
"This web site provides a one stop center for studies and analysis of environmental prescriptions affecting the economy and America's well-being. By focusing on jobs, the coalition hopes to encourage citizens to decide for themselves whether the costs of proposed environmental regulations are worth their cost."
- National Black Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Survival Committee
- USA Next, a grassroots organization of the United Seniors Association
- 60 Plus Association www.60plus.org
- American Highway Users Alliance
- American Shareholders Association www.americanshareholders.com
- Americans for Tax Reform www.atr.org
- Center for Individual Freedom
- Citizen Outreach www.citizenoutreach.com
- Commonwealth Foundation for Public Policy Alternatives
- Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) www.core-online.org
- Frontiers of Freedom www.ff.org
- Illinois Policy Institute www.illinoispolicyinstitute.org
- Pacific Research Institute www.pacificresearch.org
- National Taxpayers Union
- The Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions
- USA United Seniors
1920 L Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Email: info AT united4jobs.org
Related SourceWatch articles
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce, "Environment, Technology & Regulatory Affairs: Annual Report 2005", U.S. Chamber of Commerce, page 13.
- About page, United For Jobs, accessed February 2008.
- "Remarks by George Landrith at press conference announcing the launch of 'United for Jobs'," Press Release, Frontiers of Freedom, May 11, 2004.
- Iain Murray, "Here We Go Again," Tech Central Station, June 15, 2004.
- "http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050202/dcw053_1.html," Press Release, February 2, 2005.
- "Factsheet: United for Jobs," ExxonSecrets.org.