Universities and 'clean coal' projects
Universities hosting and investing in clean coal projects include:
- Washington University's Consortium for Clean Coal Utilization, which was announced in December 2008. The project will be run by the university's International Center for Advanced Renewable Energy and Sustainability(I-CARES).
- the University of Wyoming's Clean Coal Technology Center. (UW is also hosting the High Plains Gasification-Advanced Technology Center, a project funded by General Electric.)
Articles and Resources
- Washington University, "Washington University research to advance clean coal technology", Media Release, December 2, 2008.
- Peabody Energy, "Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) Advances Clean Coal Research and Advanced Mining Technologies With $10 Million in Grants", Media Release, December 2, 2008.
- "GE Energy and the University of Wyoming Reach Joint Agreement to Advance Cleaner Coal", Media Release, October 30, 2008.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|