University of Phoenix
The University of Phoenix is a private, for-profit college that targets adult, working-class people who want advance their professional status utilizing an institution of higher learning that offers flexible schedules and online classes. The University of Phoenix has drawn criticism for its high price, low graduation rate and quality of education. The University of Phoenix is owned by the w:Apollo Group.
The University of Phoenix announced a 4-6% increase in tuition as of July 1, 2010.
- for-Profit Schools Leading Students Into Debt, PRWatch, March 13, 2010
Web site: http://www.phoenix.edu/
- Truman Lewis University of Phoenix Staggers Under Growing Criticism ConsumerAffairs.com, February 11, 2007
- Renee Montagne Colleges Flexible But Expensive, National Public Radio (NPR), May 25, 2010
- Peter S. Goodman The New Poor: In Hard Times, Lured Into Trade School and Debt New York Times, March 13, 2010
- University of Phoenix Tuition and Fees, Web site, accessed June 7, 2010