Vandana Shiva - Environmental activist - India.
- Executive Committee, Global Alliance for Rights of Nature 
- Team, Rights of Mother Earth 
- Cofounder, Bija Vidyapeeth 
- Cofounder, Diverse Women for Diversity 
- Senior Scholar 2002, Institute for Policy Studies 
- International Steering Committee, Global Action to Prevent War 
- Associate, Gaia Foundation
- Advisory Council, Green Institute 
- Resource Rights Advisory Board, Grassroots International 
- Advisory Council, Institute of Science in Society 
- Advisory Board, JustMedia 
- Advisory Board, International Society for Ecology and Culture 
- Advisory Board, Living Routes 
- Advisory Board, People-Centered Development Forum 
- Advisory Board, Women in Security Conflict Management and Peace 
- Scientific Committee, IDEAS Foundation for Progress 
- Scientific Committee, Slow Food Foundation for Biodiversity 
- Director, International Forum on Globalization 
- Steering Committee, Global GMO Free Coalition 
- Executive Committee, World Future Council 
- International Advisory Board, Gaia University 
- International Advisory Board, Women's Earth Alliance 
- Former Board Member, Women Environment and Development Organisation
- Former Vice President, Third World Network 
- Selection Committee, 11th Annual Brower Youth Award 
- International Advisory Board, Women’s Earth and Climate Caucus 
- Editorial Board, Solutions Journal 
- Messenger, 350.org 
- Jury Member (2008), Buckminster Fuller Challenge 
- Winner of the 2010 Sydney Peace Prize
- Winner of the 2015 Global Green Millennium Awards
- Maria Miles and Vandana Shiva (eds), Ecofeminism: Reconnecting a Divided World (Zed Books 1993).
- Social Economic and Ecological Impact of Social Forestry in Kolar, Vandana Shiva, H.C. Sharatchandra, J. Banyopadhyay (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, 1981)
- Staying Alive: Women, Ecology and Survival in India (Zed Press, 1988).
- Ecology and the Politics of Survival: Conflicts Over Natural Resources in India (Sage Publications, 1991).
- The Violence of the Green Revolution: Ecological degradation and political conflict in Punjab (Zed Press, 1992).
- Biodiversity: Social and Ecological Perspectives (editor) (Zed Press, 1992).
- Women, Ecology and Health: Rebuilding Connections (editor), Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation and Kali for Women, New Delhi (1993).
- Monocultures of the Mind: Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Agriculture (Zed Press, 1993).
- Ecofeminism, Maria Mies and Vandana Shiva (Fernwood Publications, 1993).
- Close to Home: Women Reconnect Ecology, Health and Development Worldwide (Earthscan, 1994).
- Biopolitics (with Ingunn Moser) (Zed Books, 1995).
- Biopiracy: the Plunder of Nature and Knowledge (South End Press, 1997).
- Stolen Harvest: The Hijacking of the Global Food Supply (South End Press, 1999).
- Tomorrow's Biodiversity (Thames and Hudson, 2000).
- Patents, Myths and Reality (Penguin, 2001).
- Water Wars; Privatization, Pollution, and Profit (South End Press, 2002).
- Globalization's New Wars: Seed, Water and Life Forms Women Unlimited (New Delhi, 2005).
- Breakfast of Biodiversity: the Political Ecology of Rain Forest Destruction
- Earth Democracy; Justice, Sustainability, and Peace (South End Press, 2005).
- Manifestos on the Future of Food and Seed, editor, (South End Press, 2007).
Criticism of Her Work
- Bina Agarwal, “The Gender and Environment Debate: Lessons from India,” (pdf) Feminist Studies, 18 (1), 1992.
- Richard Lewontin, “Genes in the Food!,” New York Review of Books, June 21, 2001, pp.81-84.
- Bina Agarwal, “Environmental Management, Equity, and Ecofeminism: Debating India’s Experience,” In: Kum-Kum Bhavnani (ed.), Feminism and Race (Oxford University Press, 2001).
- Tina Roy and Craig Borowiak, “Against Ecofeminism: The Splintered Subject of Agrarian Nationalism in Post-Independence India,” Alternatives: Global Local Political 28 (1), 2003, pp.57-90.
- Regina Cochrane, "Rural Poverty and Impoverished Theory: Cultural Populism, Ecofeminism, and Global Justice," The Journal of Peasant Studies, 34 (2), April 2007, pp.167-206 (see summary); an earlier version of this article was published online as "'They Aren't Really Poor': Ecofeminism, Global Justice, and 'Culturally-Perceived Poverty'."
- Noel Kinsbury, Hybrid:the History and Science of plant breeding (University of Chicago Press, 2009).
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Robin Maynard
- 1993: Order of the Golden Ark Winner
- Supporter, Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy 
- Shumei International
- Global Alliance for Rights of Nature Committee, organizational web page, accessed December 17, 2013.
- rightsofmotherearth Team, organizational web page, accessed December 20, 2013.
- Earth University, navdanya, accessed October 6, 2011.
- Diverse Women for Diversity, Navdanya, accessed October 18, 2011.
- Senior Scholars, Institute for Policy Studies, accessed August 19, 2007.
- Who, Global Action to Prevent War, accessed July 8, 2007.
- Green Institute Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed August 15, 2017.
- Advisors, Grassroots International, accessed August 4, 2009.
- Institute of Science in Society About, organizational web page, accessed October 13, 2013.
- Advisory Board, JustMedia, accessed November 10, 2007.
- Home, International Society for Ecology and Culture, accessed August 26, 2008.
- Board, Living Routes, accessed October 19, 2011.
- Directors, People-Centered Development Forum, accessed December 20, 2007.
- People, Women in Security Conflict Management and Peace, accessed May 20, 2008.
- Scientific Committee, IDEAS Foundation for Progress, accessed October 18, 2011.
- Slow Food Foundation for Biodiversity Scientific Committee, organizational web page, accessed February 13, 2013.
- Directors, International Forum on Globalization, accessed December 20, 2007.
- Global GMO Free Coalition Steering Committee, organizational web page, accessed August 13, 2018.
- Executive Committee, World Future Council, accessed January 5, 2009.
- International Advisory Board, Gaia University, accessed October 6, 2009.
- International Advisory Board, Women's Earth Alliance, accessed February 16, 2010.
- Brower Youth Award Selection Process, organizational web page, accessed April 19, 2012.
- Women’s Earth and Climate Caucus International Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed December 21, 2013.
- Solutions Journal Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed June 18, 2013.
- Messengers, 350.org, accessed December 12, 2011.
- Jurors, Buckminster Fuller Challenge, accessed December 8, 2011.
- Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy Notable Signatures, organizational web page, accessed April 19, 2012.