Vietnam (song 1970)
Vietnam is a protest song recorded in 1970 by reggae artist Jimmy Cliff. Numerous websites assert that Bob Dylan called it the best protest song he'd ever heard, although it is not possible to find any authoritative sources for the attribution  .
Some lyrics from the song:
- It was just the next day his mother got a telegram
- It was addressed from Vietnam
- Now mistress Brown, she lives in the USA
- And this is what she wrote and said:
- 'Don't be alarmed', she told me the telegram said
- 'But mistress Brown your son is dead'