Village Foundation "is a national community foundation with a mission to build the social infrastructure necessary to repair the breach between African-American men and boys and U.S. society.
"The Village Foundation is accomplishing its goals by means of philanthropy and the operation of programs. In our work we strive to reconnect African-American men and boys first, to their ethnic community and then to the larger civic society; influencing these boys¹ relationship to society as well as society¹s relationship to them...
"Since its inception in 1997 the Village Foundation has invested $5.11 million in programs to support its long-term goal of repairing the breach." 
Accessed February 2009: 
- The Honorable Andrew J. Young - Co-Chairman
- Bobby William Austin - \President & CEO
- George E. Ayers - Co-Chairman - President, Ayers & Associates
- Joseph Duffey - Former Director, USIA
- Peter Edgar - President, Alta Organics, Inc.
- Ernest G. Green - Managing Director, Lehman Brothers
- James B. Hayes - President & CEO, Junior Achievement
- Frances Hesselbein - President & CEO, Peter F. Drucker Foundation
- James Joseph - Former Ambassador to South Africa
- Sharon Pratt Kelly - Former Mayor, Washington, D.C.
- Robert J. Palmer - Financial Advisor, Cardinal Wealth Services
- Roderick Palmore - Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Sara Lee Corporation
- Leonard Springs II - Senior Vice President, Corporate Relations, First Union Corporation
- Web: www.villagefoundation.org