Wulate Middle Qi Jinquan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Wulate Middle Qi Jinquan power station (京能乌拉特中旗金泉) was a proposed 2,400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Wulate (Urad) Middle Qi (Zhongqi), the approximate location where the plant would be built in Bayannur Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Project
According to WRI's 2012 "Global Coal Risk Assessment" report, Beijing Jingneng Thermal Power is planning to build a coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 2,400 MW in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
However, since no further reports of such a project can be found, it appears to have been abandoned.
- Sponsor: Beijing Jingneng Thermal Power
- Location: Wulate (Urad) Middle Qi (Zhongqi), Bayannur Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 41.587, 108.516 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,400 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- " 十二五规划16大煤电基地项目" accessed June 2013