|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Yıldırım Group or Yıldırım Holding is a family-owned Turkish company which imports coal and coke to Turkey and has proposed the construction of Yıldırım Elazığ, Kirazlıdere and Karaburun new coal-fired power stations in Turkey, all to use imported hard coal. The company states that "In order to achieve long-term, sustainable growth that creates added value, YILDIRIM Group focuses on projects that are not only environmentally friendly but also highly efficient and sustainable, both in terms of cost and energy consumption." The group was criticised in 2017 for continuing to invest in coal plants whilst at the same time sponsoring a renewable energy conference.
Articles and resources
- "Coal & Coke", Yıldırım Group website, accessed Feb 2018.
- "YILDIRIM ENERGY HOLDING", Yıldırım Group website, accessed June 2018.
- "Projects", Yıldırım Energy website, accessed Feb 2018.
- "Our Sustainability Vision", Yıldırım Group website, accessed Feb 2018.
- "Yıldırım Enerji Holding'e Protesto… “KÖMÜRÜ BIRAK", Memleket, 17 May 2017.