Yatağan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Yatağan power station is a 630-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Muğla province, Turkey.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is at Yatağan near Bodrum and Marmaris in Muğla province.
Background on Plant
Yatağan is the oldest and least productive power station in Turkey. There are plans to expand its mining area.
- Sponsor: Bereket Enerji
- Parent company:
- Location: Şahinler, Yatağan, Muğla province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 37.3309051, 28.1023767 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 630 MW (Units 1-3: 210 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1984 (Units 1-2), 1986 (Unit 3)
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: İş Bankası 
- WRI ID: WRI1018709
- EBC ID: TR-22