Yeniyurt power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Yeniyurt power station, also known as Taha power station, is a proposed 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hatay province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of Yeniyurt, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Dörtyol district, Hatay province.
Background on Plant
The power station was one of several proposed plants in the region. In response, local groups filed a lawsuit challenging the plants. In October 2015, the production licenses for four plants were cancelled due to their cumulative health and environmental impacts, including Yeniyurt.
- Sponsor: Kamertan Madencilik ve Elektrik Üretim A.Ş.
- Parent company:
- Location: Yeniyurt village, Dörtyol district, Hatay province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 36.886, 36.151 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 300 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Detaylar: Kamertan Madencilik ve Elektrik Üretim Anonim Şirketi, EPDK website, accessed May 2014.
- "4 termik santral lisans başvuruları, mahkeme tarafından iptal edildi," CIHAN, 14.10.2015