Yumurtalık IC İçtaş power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Yumurtalık IC İçtaş power station is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Adana province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of Yumurtalık district, the approximate location where the plant would be built, in Adana province.
Background on Plant
While this project was mentioned several times in news reports at the time it was proposed, more recent mention of the plant is not available, and IC İçtaş applied to build a 943-MW natural gas-fired power plant in Yumurtalık in January 2012.
In October 2014, however, like many others coal plant projects in the area, this one was revived. The EIA application was either issued or reissued, and was opened for public comment. In 2016 the company stated that it would be 1,200 MW but as of April 2018 the prelicense application is shown as 600MW under consideration on the EMRA website.. The second unit appears to be shelved.
- Sponsor: IC İçtaş Enerji
- Parent company: IC İbrahim Çeçen Investment Holding A.Ş.
- Location: Yumurtalık district, Adana province
- Coordinates: 36.77, 35.79 (approximate)
- Status: Unit 1: Pre-permit development, Unit 2: Shelved
- Detailed status:
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Detaylar: IC İçtaş Elektrik Üretim A.Ş., EPDK website, accessed May 2014.
- Termik Santraller Hakkında-II ve sonuç!, Enerji Energy, Jan. 15, 2010.
- Detaylar: IC Enerji Üretim ve İşletme A.Ş., EPDK website, accessed May 2014.
- Projeler, IC İçtaş Enerji website, accessed May 2014.
- Adana İli, Yumurtalık İlçesi sınırları içerisinde IC İÇTAŞ Elektrik Üretim A.Ş tarafından kurulması planlanan “Adana-Yumurtalık İthal Kömür Termik Santrali Entegre" Projesi, Ministry of Environment & Urban Planning, 1 Oct. 2014.
- "Yumurtalık İKS," IC İçtaş Enerji, accessed Dec 2016
- "Elektrik Piyasası Önlisansları," EMRA, accessed April 2018