Zest-O power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of the The Philippines and coal|
Zest-O power station is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant. The project would be built at an as-yet unspecified location in Luzon, the Philippines.
The map below shows the island of Luzon, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
In October 2016 Alfredo Yao of the Zest-O Group said he had made a partnership deal with Hong Kong-listed China Energy Engineering Corporation to invest more than US$2 billion in a 2 x 600-megawatt coal-fired power plant in the Philippines. The coal plant would be built somewhere in Luzon. Zest-O Group would own 70 percent and China Energy Engineering Corporation 30 percent.
As of April 2018 there has been no additional news about this project.
- Parent company: Zest-O Group (70%), China Energy Engineering Corporation (30%)
- Location: Luzon, Philippines
- Coordinates: 16, 121 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1 & 2: 600 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Doris Dumlao-Abadilla, "Yaos, Energy China team up for $2-B power project," Philippine Daily Inquirer, October 24, 2016