The program commenced in 1966 and is hosted by Pat Robertson, Terry Meeuwsen, Lisa Ryan, Gordon Robertson, and Kristi Watts, with news anchor Lee Webb. "The 700 Club is a mix of news and commentary, interviews, feature stories, and Christian ministry," it states on its website. 
"Seen in 95 percent of the television markets across the United States, the program is carried on ABC Family Channel cable network, FamilyNet, Trinity Broadcasting Network, and numerous U.S. television stations and is seen daily by approximately one million homes. CBN WorldReach broadcasts, which include the international edition of The 700 Club, have been translated into more than 70 foreign languages, can be seen in more than 200 countries, and are accesible throughout the year by more than 1.5 billion people around the world," it states on its website.
"The 700 Club television program is an outgrowth of a 1963 telethon in which founder Pat Robertson asked 700 viewers to join the "700 Club" by pledging $10 a month, money needed to meet CBN's monthly budget. After a very successful "700 Club" telethon in 1966, Robertson decided to add to the end of his station's broadcast day a program with a format of prayer and ministry coupled with telephone response. He named it The 700 Club, hoping to build a nationwide audience based on this earlier success. Seen in 95 percent of the television markets across the United States, The 700 Club now airs in nearly 90 million homes and averages about one million viewers on a daily basis," it states on its website.
|Documents Contained at the Anti-Environmental Archives|
Documents written by or referencing this person or organization are contained in the Anti-Environmental Archive, launched by Greenpeace on Earth Day, 2015. The archive contains 3,500 documents, some 27,000 pages, covering 350 organizations and individuals. The current archive includes mainly documents collected in the late 1980s through the early 2000s by The Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research (CLEAR), an organization that tracked the rise of the so called "Wise Use" movement in the 1990s during the Clinton presidency. Access the index to the Anti-Environmental Archives here.
CBN News Guests
- Tom Delay, U.S. Majority Whip
- Benjamin Netanyahu, former Israeli Prime Minister
- Bill Bennett, author and former cabinet member
- JC Watts Jr., former Congressman
- Sean Hannity, host of Fox News Hannity & Colmes
- Oliver North, author and syndicated columnist
- John Zogby, independent pollster and columnist
- Eleanor Clift, contributing editor for Newsweek Magazine
- John Fund, columnist and member of the editorial board of The Wall Street Journal
- Fred Barnes, columnist for the Weekly Standard and Fox News contributor
- Lawrence Kudlow, economist and former Reagan Administration member
- Peggy Noonan, conservative columnist and former Presidential speechwriter
- Senators and former Senators Jon Kyl, Sam Brownback, Al Gore, Joe Lieberman, Orrin Hatch, Mitch McConnell
- Former Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan
Special Features & Segments include :
- "Bring It On" featuring Pat Robertson;
- "Unsung Hero" on people who help others; and
- "The Church of the Week."
- "The 700 Club: Show History, Format, and Highlights", CBN.com, accessed August 2005.