Additive-related documents of interest
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Privileged and Confidential Memorandum to the Tobacco Ingredients Workgroup, Sept. 19. 1985 by Covington & Burling, discusses work done by consultant Domingo M. Aviado on reorganizing the industry's ingredient list.
- Project Coumarin - Top Secret Philip Morris, 1987. Reveals Philip Morris's concern that public health officials in Europe might discover that coumarin was an additive in cigarettes. The writer discusses how public health investigations into this additive could be staved off.
- Implications and Activities Arising from Correlation of Smoke pH with Nicotine Impact, Other Smoke Qualities and Cigarette Sales RJR, 1973, discusses discovery of freebase nicotine present in competitor's brands
- The History of Cigarettes. Changes of Smoke Chemistry of Modern Day Cigarettes States there is 40% less tobacco in the modern-day cigarette
- Levulinic Acid & Enhanced Nicotine Binding Capacity 1989 R.J. Reynolds scientific report describing how the tobacco additives nicotine levulinate and levulinic acid enhance the binding capacity of nicotine in the rat brain by 20-50%.
- Document discussing Beneficial additives(ideas like breath freshener, odor reducers and reducing oral plaque, medicating colds, reducing anxiety, etc.)