"In 1978, William Bonner created what is now known as Agora Inc. What began as a small publishing company based in Washington, DC, has grown to be one of the largest and most successful consumer newsletter publishers in the world.
"Since founding Agora Inc. in 1978, Bill Bonner has worked steadily to turn it into a “minimultinational,” with publishing offices in eight different countries on six different continents. Bill has received many awards for his business successes, including “Entrepreneur of the Year” as well as Direct Marketing “Man of the Year.”
"Bill, along with his friend and colleague Addison Wiggin, has written two New York Times Best Selling books: Financial Reckoning Day and Empire of Debt. Both works were critically acclaimed and internationally distributed. His most recent book, co-authored by Lila Rajiva, Mobs, Markets and Messiahs, also hit the New York Bestseller list.
"In 1999, Bill founded The Daily Reckoning; he continues to write for it daily. The Daily Reckoning weaves information about the financial world, investing, and everyday life into an educational and entertaining format. Today, more than 500,000 subscribers receive Bill’s daily columns.
"There are also a number of charities to which Bill is a generous donor. He was instrumental in the creation of The Roberto Clemente Health Clinic in southern Nicaragua...
"Bill has also made historical and cultural preservation a part of Agora Inc.’s day to day business. Pickering and Chatto, based in London, and Les Belles Lettres, in Paris, are Agora subsidiaries whose purpose is to rescue, translate, and preserve important written works."
Subsidiaries & Affiliates
Accessed July 2013: 
- United States - Agora Financial, Common Sense Publishing, Insiders Strategy Group, Laissez Faire Books, Money Map Press, NewMarket Health, OmniVista Health, Opportunity Travel, Institute for Natural Healing, Oxford Club, Sovereign Society, Stansberry & Associates Investment Research, Wall Street Daily
- Ireland - International Living
- South Africa - Fleet Street Publications – South Africa
- China - 3rd Stone Investment Research
- Australia - Port Phillip Publishing, Portner Press
- France - Publications Agora, Les Belles Lettres
- England - Agora Business Publications LLP, MoneyWeek, Pickering & Chatto, Shortcut Publications, Agora Health Ltd
- India - EquityMaster Agora Research Private Limited
- Argentina - Inversor Global
- Spain - Salud, Nutrición y Bienestar