Al-Fawares Construction and Development
Al-Fawares Construction and Development Company was a Kuwaiti-Iraqi publishing and telecommunications company, which operated and managed the Al-Sabah newspaper (which is part of the US-backed Iraqi Media Network). The website of the company is no longer active and was last active in August 2007. 
In 2005 the website of LAKE International, LLC stated it was "currently backed" by Al-Fawares Construction and Development which had "capital worth more than $300 million".
In August 2007 the management of the company were listed as:
- Sheik Ali Al Sabah, Chairman of the Board of MDSamerica a Company hold by Al Fawares, and Al Fawares hold by Sheik Ali Al Sabah:
- Majeed Al-Saraf - Chairman - Prominent business man, appointed as Chairman in the year 2000,
- Salah Abdullah Dashti - Vice Chairman
- Wilson Benjamin - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Munir Afuni, PhD. - Financial Advisor
- Basim Ahmed Al-Botie - Chief Engineer
Articles and Resources
- "Al-Fawares Construction and Development Company", Internet Archive, accessed July 2008.
- LAKE International, LLC", Internet Archive, accessed July 2008.
- The Iraqi Reconstruction Conference", Capital Hilton, Washington, DC, July 1-2, 2003.
- Al-Fawares Construction and Development, Internet Archive, accessed July 2008.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- "Kuwait issues warrant for ex-minister over graft", AFP, July 9, 2007.