Alliance for Business Leadership
The Alliance for Business Leadership, or ABL, is a non-partisan alliance of CEOs, business leaders and entrepreneurs. According to the group's website, ABL is "committed to building an economy that supports long-term economic growth and prosperity for all." ABL is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Board of Directors
As of January 2013
- Thomas D. Dretler: Chair of the Board
- Dr. Joshua Boger: Vice-Chair of the Board
- David Belluck: Vice-Chair of the Board
- Jeffrey J. Bussgang: Vice-Chair of the Board
- Beverly A. Armstrong: Secretary
- David S. Gasson: Treasurer
- Carl Ferenbach: Strategy Group Chair
15 Court Square, Suite 1000
Boston, MA 02108
Articles and References
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security