Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
Alticor consists of five business areas: Amway which does direct selling, Quixtar which sells on the web, Pyxis Innovations which does corporate development for Alticor, Gurwitch Products which does upscale cosmetics, and Access Business Group which does manufacturing and logistics. Amway has over 3 million salespersons selling cosmetics, home care products, and vitamins directly to customers including family and friends. Alticor is owned by Amway founders, the DeVos and Van Andel families. 
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
The Revival of Amway in the USA
The Associated Press reported on December 26, 2008 that " as Amway's 50th anniversary approaches in May, Alticor is shelving the inert Quixtar label and pouring millions of dollars into reviving the Amway brand in North America with market research, national television commercials and ads in newspapers and magazines and online. The company will use a transitional name, Amway Global, before reverting in about a year to Amway. ... Despite predictions of continuing economic gloom, Alticor executives hope to repeat in the United States the kind of growth they've seen abroad in the past - and to revive the mystique that helped the company spread throughout the Midwest and, by the mid-1960s, the rest of the country. Amway's hundreds of thousands of distributors dreamed of getting rich by selling cleaning products and by recruiting their acquaintances to join the fold. Still operating on that basic model, including prices that tend to be higher than those of their competitors, Amway saw global sales revenue top $7.1 billion in fiscal 2007. The company predicts another $1 billion increase this year. And most of its recent growth, in such developing Asian markets as China, India and Russia, has been under the Amway name." 
Spin on Wikipedia
On July 26, 2005, an anonymous poster from an Amway/Quixtar IP removed references to their company's practice of "Google bombing," which is an attempt to drown out sites reporting deceptive practices and negative opinions. This was caught by the Wikiscanner tool. 
- Al Koop, Chief Operating Officer, Access Business Group LLC.
- David Ussery, President and Representative Director
- Doug DeVos, President
- Eva Cheng, Executive Vice President
- Jim Payne, Executive Vice President
- Steve Van Andel, Chairman
Selected board members:
7575 Fulton Street East
Ada, MI 49355
- Profile, Hoovers, accessed July 2007.
- Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research, project of the Environmental Working Group, Information on American Legislative Exchange Council, archived organizational profile, archived by Wayback Machine December 2, 2000, accessed August 19, 2011
- Defenders of Wildlife, Natural Resources Defense Council, "Corporations and Trades Associations that Fund ALEC," Corporate America's Trojan Horse in the States: The Untold Story Behind the American Legislative Exchange Council, online report, 2003
- Bush Pioneer Betsy DeVos, Texans for Public Justice, accessed August 2007.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed July 2007.
- Amway/Alticor Inc lobbying expenses, Open Secrets.
- Leadership, accessed July 2007.