Anadarko Petroleum Corporation "is among the largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the world, with 2.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent (BBOE) of proved reserves at year-end 2007.
"Anadarko's portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in 10 major U.S. onshore natural gas resource plays. The company also is the largest independent deepwater producer in the Gulf of Mexico, and has production and/or exploration in Alaska, Algeria, Brazil, Ghana, China, Indonesia and Mozambique." 
- Redirected from Kerr-McGee.
Discover Which Corporations are the Biggest Violators of Environmental, Health and Safety Laws in the United States
Violation Tracker is the first national search engine on corporate misconduct covering environmental, health, and safety cases initiated by 13 federal regulatory agencies. Violation Tracker is produced by the Corporate Research Project of Good Jobs First. Click here to access Violation Tracker.
On July 9, 2012, the Aurora City Council in Colorado voted to "lease" water to Houston-based Anadarko Petroleum, which will use the water for hydraulic fracturing. Anadarko will pay the city $9.5 million over five years for access to almost 2.5 billion gallons of the city's water.
Referring to opponents as insurgents
In October 2011, Sharon Wilson of Earthworks attended and taped a hydraulic fracturing conference, "Working Together As An Industry To Leverage Mass Media, Social Media & Community Support To Overcome Public Concern Over Hydraulic Fracturing". The tapes can be accessed here.
The tapes received media attention because of their content. CNBC reported several gas drilling executives can be "heard encouraging military tactics to counter anti-drilling activists and control the message in Pennsylvania." On one segment, Range Resources spokesman Matt Pitzarella said the company was actively deploying people trained in psy-ops for dealing with local opposition to fracking.
- "Download the U.S. Army/Marine Corps Counterinsurgency Manual, because we are dealing with an insurgency. There’s a lot of good lessons in there and coming from a military background, I found the insight in that extremely remarkable.”
Accessed January 2009: 
- James T. Hackett - President and CEO
- Robert P. Daniels
- Robert G. Gwin
- Karl F. Kurz
- Charles A. Meloy
- Robert K. Reeves
- R.A. Walker
Accessed January 2009: 
- James T. Hackett
- Robert J. Allison, Jr.
- Larry Barcus
- John R. Butler, Jr.
- Luke R. Corbett
- H. Paulett Eberhart
- Peter J. Fluor
- John R. Gordon
- John W. Poduska, Sr.
- Paula Rosput Reynolds
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Phil Gramm
- Meridian International Center
- Korea National Oil
- Preston M. Geren III - board member 2013
- Overview, Anadarko Petroleum, accessed January 19, 2009.
- Patricia Calhoun, "Fracking: Aurora votes to 'lease' water to Anadarko Petroleum," Denver Westword, July 10, 2012.
- Eamon Javers, "Oil Executive: Military-Style 'Psy Ops' Experience Applied," CNBC, Nov. 11, 2011.
- Executive Officers, Anadarko Petroleum, accessed January 19, 2009.
- Directors, Anadarko Petroleum, accessed January 19, 2009.