"André Hoffmann studied economics at the University of St. Gallen and holds a MBA from INSEAD. In 1983, he became head of administration of the Station Biologique de la Tour du Valat in the Camargue, France. In 1985, Mr. Hoffmann joined James Capel and Co., London as an associate on the Continental Desk. Later he became Manager for European Mergers and Acquisitions at James Capel and Co. Corporate Finance Ltd, London.
"In 1991, he joined Nestlé UK, London as a brand manager. In 1994, Mr. Hoffmann established a family office dealing with asset management and board directorships. He is Vice-Chairman of the Board of Roche Holding Ltd. as well as of the Board of Givaudan Ltd., a member of the Board of Brunswick Leasing Ltd, Amazentis SA, MedAssurant Inc. and INSEAD. He is Chairman of Nemadi Advisors Ltd, Living Planet Fund Management Co. and Massellaz S.A.
"Mr Hoffmann serves on the board of Glyndebourne Productions Ltd. and is Vice-President of WWF International. He also serves on the board of Global Footprint Network and other non-profit foundations." 
- Trustee, Institute for Strategic Dialogue
- Director, Global Footprint Network 
- WWF International: Trustees
- Member of the Board of Inovalon Inc., Bowie, USA (listed since 2015)
- Genentech Inc., South San Francisco, USA, Member of the Board 
- Peace Parks Foundation, Stellenbosch, South Africa, Member of the Board
- Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust, Oxford, United Kingdom, Member of the Board of Trustees
- World Economic Forum, Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, Member of the Governing Board