"Andrew Weil, M.D., is the Founder and Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona, where he is also a Clinical Professor of Medicine and Professor of Public Health. Dr. Weil received both his medical degree and his undergraduate AB degree in biology (botany) from Harvard University.
"A world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, Dr. Weil is a best-selling author and editorial director of DrWeil.com, the leading online resource for healthy living based on the philosophy of integrative medicine. Dr. Weil is also the founder of the Weil Foundation, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting integrative medicine through training, education, and research.
"Dr. Weil's books include the national bestsellers Spontaneous Healing, 8 Weeks to Optimum Health, Eating Well for Optimum Health, and The Healthy Kitchen. His latest book, Healthy Aging: A Lifelong Guide to Your Physical and Spiritual Well-Being, was published in October 2005. He also authors the popular Self Healing newsletter and is the Director of Integrative Health & Healing at Miraval Life in Balance Resort. Dr. Weil is an internationally-recognized expert on integrative medicine, medicinal plants, mind-body interactions and the future of medicine and health care. "
"Integrative Medicine: Bringing medicine back to its roots" (2002)is one of the first articles authored by Andrew Weil on “Integrative Medicine “ – another is BMJ in 2001. This one he co-authored with Ralph Snyderman. 
- Director, Organic Center
- Advisory Council, Center for Contemplative Mind in Society
- Integrative Medicine Council, World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality
- Medical Advisory Board (International), Integrative Health Trust 
- Advisory Board, Albert Hoffman Foundation 
- Advisory Board, Continuum Center for Health and Healing 
- Advisory Board, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine 
- Editorial Board, Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing 
- Medical Advisory Board, British College of Integrative Medicine 
- David Gorski, "Surprise, surprise! Dr. Andrew Weil doesn’t like evidence-based medicine", Science-based Medicine, May 16, 2011
Resources and articles
- Organic Center Andrew Weil, organizational web page, accessed April 4, 2012.
- Integrative Health Trust Board, organizational web page, accessed June 19, 2013.
- Albert Hoffman Foundation Board, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.
- Continuum Center for Health and Healing Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed July 19, 2013.
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine About, organizational web page, accessed October 7, 2013.
- Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed July 19, 2013.
- British College of Integrative Medicine Medical Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed May 31, 2014.