keith harmon snow reports that Jolie "starred as a ‘selfless’ hero working as a UNHCR official in Hollywood’s Beyond Borders, a film that peddles the necessity of mixing Central Intelligence Agency gun-running operations with humanitarian missions—because it is ostensibly for the ‘right’ cause: Western sponsored covert interventions." 
- Winner of the 2007 International Rescue Committee: Freedom Award
- Advisory Board, Yele Haiti 
- Co-Chair, Jolie-Pitt Foundation
- International Advisory Board, Jane Goodall Institute 
- Launched the Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative in 2012
- Thomas Mountain, "What Did Angelina Jolie Pay for Her Baby? Buy an African Child, Then Bomb Some African Villages", Counterpunch, December 30, 2009.
- Ruth Fowler, "Angelina Jolie Under the Knife: Of Privilege, Health Care and Tits", Counterpunch, May 14, 2013. also see
- Alexander Cockburn and Jeffrey St. Clair, "Angelina Jolie and the French Revolution: Sex, Death and the Higher Cause", Counterpunch, May 17-19, 2013; Originally published, June 10, 2001.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Angelina Jolie Joins Council on Foreign Relations, People, accessed August 20, 2008.
- keith harmon snow, Ben Affleck, Rwanda, and Corporate Sustained Catastrophe, Dissident Voice, January 23, 2009.
- Advisory Board, Yele Haiti, accessed April 19, 2009.
- International Advisory Board, Jane Goodall Institute, accessed November 19, 2011.