Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ann Creek "is a Southern Kaanju woman from Coen, Cape York Peninsula and works as the land and Sea Coordinator for the Land and Sea Centre in Coen. Ann was instrumental in establishing this centre and works closely with the traditional owners of the region to resolve their land management issues.
"Ann sits on the Boards of:
- the Coen Regional Aboriginal Corporation representing the Southern Kaanju people;
- the Cape York Institute for Policy and Leadership, which promotes active Indigenous participation in public policy debates;
- the Cape York Health Council – dealing with indigenous health issues across Cape York; and
- the Cape York Land Council, which assists the Aboriginal peoples of Cape York with matters affecting their traditional lands and seas,
- the National Parks & Wildlife Ranger interviewing panel.
- and sits on the Cape York Partnerships board."