Ashley Alexandra Dupré
Ashley Alexandra Dupré is the current name of Ashley Youmans, aka Kristen, implicated as the call girl of Client 9, for New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, according to the New York Times. She worked for the The Emperors Club VIP, a high-priced escort business. 
History of Developments in the Spitzer Resignation Scandal
The New York Times first reported on March 10, 2008 that Spitzer was "caught on a federal wiretap arranging to meet with a high-priced prostitute at a Washington hotel last month, according to a person briefed on the federal investigation. An affidavit in the federal investigation into a prostitution ring said that a wiretap recording captured a man identified as Client 9 on a telephone call confirming plans to have a woman travel from New York to Washington, where he had reserved a hotel room. The person briefed on the case identified Mr. Spitzer as Client 9." 
Later on March 10, 2008, Spitzer gave a brief statement to the press: "Today I want to briefly address a private matter. I have acted in a way that violates my obligations to my family, and violates my -- or any -- sense of right and wrong. I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public, whom I promised better. I do not believe that politics in the long run is about individuals. It is about ideas, the public good and doing what’s best for the state of New York. I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself. I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family. I will report back to you in short order." 
The Toronto Star reported, The Emperors Club VIP "rocked the political career of New York Governor Eliot Spitzer (aka Client 9) and tarnished his 'Mr. Clean' image, is a call-girl business that arranged sex between wealthy men and more than 50 prostitutes in New York, Washington, Los Angeles, Miami, London and Paris, according to U.S. federal prosecutors. The Brooklyn-based club's website, which went offline after its operators were busted, displays photographs of scantily clad women with their faces hidden. It also shows hourly rates depending on whether the prostitutes were rated from one diamond to seven diamonds. ... The website ranked the prostitutes on a scale of one to seven "diamonds." A three-diamond woman, for example, could command a fee of $1,000 per hour. A seven-diamond woman cost more than $3,000 an hour. ... The club motto was: 'Every client is an Emperor.' 
Kristian Stiles was a political fundraising consultant to Eliot Spitzer. According to the New York Times, she is now being investigated for a possible role in the scandal. The New York Times reported on March 16, 2008, that "Charles E. Clayman, a criminal defense lawyer and a former federal prosecutor, said he was retained by Ms. Stiles’s consulting firm, Stiles Partners, in recent days to represent her and her deputy, Alex James, in connection with the inquiry. ... Before going to work for Mr. Spitzer, Ms. Stiles worked for former Representative Richard A. Gephardt, of Missouri, as a low-level fund-raising official." 
- Spitzer Linked To Hooker Probe New York governor identified as "Client-9" in FBI affidavit, The Smoking Gun, March 10, 2008.
- News Release, Equality Now Responds to Governor Spitzer's Alleged Involvement in Prostitution Ring Equality Now Responds to Governor Spitzer's Alleged Involvement in Prostitution Ring, March 11, 2008
- Dana Milbank, At the Mayflower, Client 9's Sinking Ship, Washington Post, Tuesday, March 11, 2008.
- Emperors Club offered 'meaningful' life, Toronto Star, Mar 11, 2008.
- Josh Levin, So You Want To Open a Brothel? The keys to success, as gleaned from the Web site of Eliot Spitzer's favorite escort service, Slate, March 11, 2008.
- Ashley Alexandra Dupré MySpacePage
- Serge F. Kovaleski and Ian Urbina, The Woman at the Center of the Governor’s Downfall, New York Times, March 13, 2008
- Ashley Alexandra Dupré's music on AmieStreet.com, March 13, 2008.
- Kristen: The Definitive Gallery, Gawker.com, March 13, 2008.
- Jake Coyle, Spitzer's call girl has chance to cash in, Associated Press, March 14, 2008.
- Stephanie Gaskell and Richard Huff, Gov's call girl looking at big bucks as media come calling, NY Daily News, March 14, 2008
- Jonathan Lemire, Hooker's an online hit - to tune of $200G, NY Daily News, Saturday, March 15, 2008
- Joe Mahone, Thomas Zambito and Greg B. Smith, Governor Spitzer's Hooker Gets Immunity, Daily News, March 15, 2008.
- Gillian Wee, `Kristen,' Linked to Spitzer, Becomes Pop Star on Web, Gillian Wee, Bloomberg.com, March 15, 2008.
- Alfred Hermida, The mystery of Ashley Alexandra Dupre’s MySpace page, Reportr.net, March 15, 2008.
- Jo Becker, Investigators Seek Records of Spitzer Campaign’s Payments to a Consultant, New York Times, March 16, 2008.
- Ashley Dupre Topless? "Girls Gone Wild" Has "Weeks" Of Footage, Associated Press, March 19, 2008.
- Lindsay Beyerstein, As the Spitzer Sex Firestorm Cools, It's Time for the Real Questions, SourceWatch, March 26, 2008.
- Matt King, Ex-fiance of Spitzer's call girl says 'I had no idea', Times Herald-Record, April 1, 2008.
- Alan Feuer, Carla Baranauckas, Plea in Case That Toppled Spitzer, New York Times, May 15, 2008
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|