Australian Beverages Council
The Australian Beverages Council, formerly known as the Australian Soft Drink Association is an industry lobby group that represents the interests of manufacturers, importers and distributors of non-alcoholic beverages in Australia.
As well as government lobbying, the organisation has a presence in mainstream media defending against claims that soft drinks are responsible for such things as diabetes, obesity and tooth decay and the various additives used in drinks.
In 2013 they launched a campaign against Container Deposit Legislation (10cent refunds on drink containers), with tv and radio ads, as well as a website, nodrinkcontainertax.org.au.
- Tony Gentile, Chief Executive Officer
- Melanie Eardley, Administration Officer
- Melanie McPherson, Scientific & Regulatory Affairs
- Peter Winter, Executive Officer - Victorian Soft Drinks Association
- Tony Lane, Executive Officer - Western Australia Soft Drinks Association
Australian Beverages Council Ltd.
Suite 4, Level 1, 6-8 Crewe Place
Rosebery NSW 2018
Ph: +61 2 9662 2844
Fax: +61 2 9662 2899
Other SourceWatch resources
- Julian Lee, "Soft drink companies' health vow fizzing out", Sydney Morning Herald, September 2, 2006.