AutoNation, Inc., based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is the largest car dealer in the U.S. In addition to auto sales, it also sells auto parts, does auto repair, and provides auto financing and auto insurance. The company was started by H. Wayne Huizenga, who Forbes says has a personal fortune of US$2.1 billion. Huizenga owns pro football's Miami Dolphins.
In 2006, AutoNation sales were US$19 billion with profits of US$317 million. 
As AutoNation acquires dealerships in various cities, it applies local brand names such as: 
- AutoWay, Tampa Bay
- Bankston, Texas
- Champion, Houston
- Courtesy, Orlando
- Desert, Las Vegas
- Dobbs, Memphis
- Fox, Baltimore
- Go, Denver
- Maroone, South Florida
- Mullinax, Cleveland
- Power, Southern California & Phoenix
- Team, Atlanta
In 2005, a Gallup Poll reported that fifteen percent of workers say that they have been discriminated against in their jobs. A breakdown by group has 31 percent of Asians and 26 percent of African Americans mentioning incidents of discrimination. Asians, according to the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission), file fewer discrimination complaints.
A former salesperson at AutoNation filed a suit with the EEOC saying that he was routinely harassed because he is of Turkish national origin and a muslim. EEOC then uncovered other cases of nonwhites being harassed. AutoNation has since sold the dealership. The STOP! Autonation activist group is calling for a boycott of the company. 
|Key executives and 2006 pay: ||Options
|Michael J. Jackson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer||$4,513,617||$13,105,756|||
|Michael E. Maroone, Chief Operating Officer||$3,706,955||$3,399,218|||
|Jonathan P. Ferrando, Secretary and General Counsel||$1,780,359||$1,267,009|||
|Kevin P. Westfall, Senior Vice President of Sales||$1,040,172||$518,020|||
Selected members of the Board of Directors: 
- Robert J. Brown, Also Director of Duke Energy Corporation and Wachovia Corporation
- Rick L. Burdick, Also Partner in lobbying firm Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld
- William C. Crowley, Former Director Kmart
- H. Wayne Huizenga, Founder and former Chairman of AutoNation
110 SE 6th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- AutoNation Profile, Hoovers, accessed December 2007.
- Market Brands, AutoNation, accessed December 2007.
- Amy Joyce, "The Bias Breakdown", Washington Post, December 9, 2005.
- Home page, STOP! Autonation, accessed February 2008.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed December 2007.
- Florida Leadership Council, Open Secrets, accessed December 2007.
- 527 Committees identified as Repub/Conservative, Open Secrets, accessed December 2007.
- H. Wayne Huizenga, AutoNation, accessed December 2007.
- AutoNation Key Executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed December 2007.
- Michael J Jackson, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- Michael E Maroone, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- Jonathan P Ferrando, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- Kevin P Westfall, Forbes, accessed February 2008.
- Board of Directors, AutoNation, accessed December 2007.