|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
The Bahá'í All-Party Parliamentary Group exists 'to take appropriate action through the good offices of Parliament in defence of Bahá'ís who are persecuted on grounds of their faith; to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas central to Bahá'í principles that are of relevance to members of the legislature (eg human rights, social cohesion )'
- Chair: Lembit Opik MP (LD)
- Vicechair: Lord Avebury (LD)
- Vicechair: Peter Bottomley MP (Con)
- Vicechair: Ian Stewart MP (Lab)
- Secretary: David Lepper MP (Lab)
- Treasurer: Peter Luff MP (Con)
- Contact: Mr Daniel Wheatley , Baha'i Community of the United Kingdom, 27 Rutland Gate, London SW7 1PD. Tel: 020 7590 8786
Bahá'í Community of the United Kingdom provides clerical services and also meets catering costs of group's AGM.
Other SourceWatch resources
Since Bahá'ís are not permitted to join political parties, nor to accept nomination for elections, Bahá'ís cannot be MPs, and therefore do not sit in this group's membership.
- "Register of All-Party Groups", United Kingdom Parliament. (List dated 16 September 2004.)