Baroness Thornton is a Labour peer. 
"Baroness Thornton is the Shadow Equalities Minister in the House of Lords and a former Government Health and Equalities Minister. She has long supported the development of social enterprise. Baroness Thornton was founding Chair of the Social Enterprise Coalition (UK) and for many years she was a board member of Social Enterprise London and a trustee of two social enterprises (Fifteen, Training for Life) as well as many charities.
"She is currently the Honorable Secretary of the ‘All Party Parliamentary Group for Social Enterprise’ and a life long member of the Co-operative movement.
"Prior to joining the Government in 2008, Baroness Thornton ran her own communications consultancy. " 
- Adviser, Sporta (social enterprise sports and leisure services trade organisation)
- Senior Associate, Social Business International (promotes social enterprises in UK and Europe)
- Adviser, The Social Investment Consultancy (TSIC works with the latest models of social enterprise, revenue generation, impact investment and venture philanthropy)
- Adviser, Social Enterprise UK
- Governor, London School of Economics (LSE)
- Board Member, Transition Institute
Resources and articles
- parliament Baroness Thornton, organizational web page, accessed December 16, 2013.