From the register of members interests: 1. Remunerated directorships
- Chairman and Director of Networking for Industry, a not for profit company limited by guarantee. Provides a small amount of administrative support.
- Chairman and Director of Urban Mines Ltd.; (a not for profit environmental organisation from which I receive an honorarium for secretarial and administrative support).
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession, etc.
- Member of Environmental Scrutiny Board of Onyx UK Ltd.
- Chair (until June 2001) and from June 2001, Deputy Chair, of World Bank Business Partners for Development Committee Global Road Safety Partnership.
8. Land and Property
- Small flat in London EC2, jointly owned with my wife, currently let.
- Holiday home in the United States, jointly owned with my wife, from which rental income is received.
He is also a non executive director of Partnership Sourcing Ltd
He is a member of the following groups:
- Design and Innovation APG
- Sustainable Waste Group APG
- Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety APG
- University Group APPG
- Manufacturing Industry Group APG
I studied at Hampton Grammar School and the London School of Economics, graduating with a BSc in Economics and an MSc in Sociology. I worked in industry between school and university, and was a lecturer in American Studies at the University of Wales in Swansea from 1966 to 1979.