Belview coal project
graphic position=top | background=FFF | border=BA2725 | image=/images/a/aa/Coalswarm_badge.gif | width=216 | height=60 | title=Portal:Coal Issues | link=http://coalswarm.org |text=This article is part of the Coal Issues portal on SourceWatch, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy. See here for help on adding material to CoalSwarm.}}
The Belview coal project is a proposed opencast metallurgical coal mine. If Stanmore Coal proceed it would be located 10 km from Blackwater in the Bowen Basin, Queensland, Australia.
The undated image below shows the exact location of the proposed mine.
Coal Mine Background
The exploration of this mine is being funded by A$1.5-million exploration support from Japan’s Taiheiyo Kouhatsu that provides funding for resource drilling. This is the third such funding arrangement for a Stanmore site since 2012. Under the combined rights of the current exploration support agreement, and the first exploration support agreement at Belview, Taiheiyo Kouhatsu had the entitlement to purchase up to 200 thousand tonnes per year of production from Belview, over the first five years of operations. Within this arrangement, the first 225 thousand tonnes of coal purchased would be priced at A$2/t discount to the Japanese settlement price, which prevailed at the time of the agreement.
- Parent Company: Stanmore Coal
- Location: 10km south-east of Blackwater, Queensland, Australia
- GPS Coordinates: -23.587132, 148.977385 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 3.5 Mtpa
- Total Resource: 330Mt
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type: Coking coal and PCI coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Underground longwall mining
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Stanmore Coal, "Belview Project", Stanmore Coal website, accessed 14 November 2019.
- Mining Weekly, "Stanmore secures more funding for Belview exploration", 4 November 2014.
- Proactive Investors, "Stanmore Coal reveals coking coal quality from Belview, Bowen Basin, Queensland", Proactive Investors website, 7 November 2013.