Berkley Warren Bedell
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
"Businessman and retired Congressman Berkley Bedell founded the Foundation for Alternative and Integrative Medicine in 1998. It was formerly known as the National Foundation for Alternative Medicine and changed its name in 2009...
"Personal experience drove his passion for alternative medicine as he was helped — not once, but twice — by therapies that had been overlooked by mainstream medicine. Berkley used his influence in Washington to bring attention to the need for investigating potential breakthrough treatments for public health. With Senator Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), he created the Office of Alternative Medicine within the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to investigate and validate promising alternative therapies. Despite this milestone, their efforts were frustrated by bureaucratic and scientific inertia."
- Campaign for America's Future
- Advisory Board, Alliance for Natural Health USA 
- Former board member, American Association for Health Freedom
Resources and articles
- ↑ faim Meet the Founder: Berkley Bedell, organizational web page, accessed February 24, 2013.
- ↑ Alliance for Natural Health USA People, organizational web page, accessed July 20, 2013.