Bernard Abrams is an environmental spokesman for the Association of British Drivers. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, a former Ofsted inspector and runs a consultancy company 'Education Management Associates' in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
Abrams is a regular contributor to Local Transport Today, many expressing a skeptical view on climate change. In January 2010 a letter was published in Local Transport Today stating Self-evidently the e-mails and files are devastating to the notion of Gorebull Warming, which can no longer be seen by independent-minded individuals as any excuse whatsoever for totalitarian transport controls, or extortionate taxes targeting freedom of individual mobility, or any of the other policy mistakes based on it
In November 2009 he stated Increases in private motoring charges predicated on climate voodoo are unjustified and out of place in the 21st century and transport totalitarians need to think again.
In January 2008 a letter from Abrams was published in Local Transport Today stating The continued absence of predicted tropical tropospheric warming and lack of any discernible human signal in global climate data show that precipitous action is unwarranted.
Commenting on a skeptical article on climate change in 2001 he is quoted as saying: This is the death blow for man-made global warming theory. As independent scientists had long suspected, we see that hotter temperatures cause increases in carbon dioxide, not the other way round
In 2000 he published evidence 'proving' that cyclists produce as much CO2 as cars stating 'The supposed dangers of manmade global warming from excess carbon dioxide (CO2) generation is often used as an argument for junking new road construction projects and otherwise discouraging car use'. He evidence is based on calulations of exhaled CO2 by four cyclists against the exhaled CO2 of four occupants of a car and also the CO2 from the exhaust. They are the same because the car is faster however this fails to factor in the CO2 absorbed in growing the food the cyclists (and drivers) eat.
An undated press release from the ABD by Bernard Arbams titled 'Government-Backed Propaganda Campaign Steps Up A Gear As Teachers Face Environmental Indoctrination' states that there is 'so much evidence pointing to the Sun as the cause of short-term climate change that the link with fossil fuel burning is not only statistically weak but also empirically redundant'. Mr Abrams is described as an 'ABD Education & Environment spokesman and OFSTED Inspector'.
In 2001 in was quoted as saying 'The police just want your money. They're targeting everyone from housewives dropping off their kids at school to pensioners driving to buy birdseed for their budgies." The ABD website offered stickers to put on speed cameras saying "Fleecing, Not Policing," says one. "Police Fund-Raiser, Please Give Generously."
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- On trail of the men behind million voices who oppose road pricing. The Times (2007-01-17). Retrieved on 2010-01-10.
- Results 1 - 10 of about 159 from transportxtra.com for Bernard abrams. Google. Retrieved on 2010-01-11.
- Emails should be a major blow for transport-climate policy agenda. Local Transport Today. Retrieved on 2010-01-11.
- Green – not red – is the new colour for the nation’s Left. Local Transport Today. Retrieved on 2010-01-11.
- Green ideologues are the biggest threat to transport policy. Local Transport Today. Retrieved on 2010-01-11.
- The motorist and 'Global Warming'. ten-tenths.com quoting pistonheads. Retrieved on 2010-01-11.
- Bicycling Climate Change Threat. Toll Road News (2000-02-26). Retrieved on 2010-01-11.
- Government-Backed Propaganda Campaign Steps Up A Gear As Teachers Face Environmental Indoctrination. Association of British Drivers. Retrieved on 2010-01-11.
- GPS Races to Speeders' Rescue. Wired. Retrieved on 2010-01-11.