"Bernie Siegel, M.D., author of Love, Medicine & Miracles and Peace, Love & Healing, claims that "happy people generally don't get sick" and that "one's attitude toward oneself is the single most important factor in healing or staying well." Siegel also states that "a vigorous immune system can overcome cancer if it is not interfered with, and emotional growth toward greater self-acceptance and fulfillment helps keep the immune system strong." However, he has published no scientific study supporting these claims. A 10-year study co-authored by Siegel found that 34 breast cancer patients participating in his program did not live longer after diagnosis than comparable nonparticipants. The program consisted of weekly peer support and family therapy, individual counseling, and the use of positive imagery "   
Gellert G, Maxwell RM, Siegel BS. Survival of breast cancer patients receiving adjunctive psychosocial support therapy: A 10-year follow-up study. Journal of Clinical Oncology 11:66-69, 1993.
- Advisory Board, Alliance for Natural Health USA 
- Former advisor, American Association for Health Freedom
- The Art of Healing: Uncovering Your Inner Wisdom and Potential for Self-Healing (New World Library)
Resources and articles
- Watkins Review's 2012 list of the world’s 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People
- Jayney Goddard
- John Robbins
- Harry Hoxsey
- Alliance for Natural Health USA People, organizational web page, accessed July 20, 2013.