Bijie power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Bijie power station (华电毕节热电厂) is a 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guizhou Province, China.
A 700 MW expansion has been proposed.
The map below shows the plant, near Yachi Town, Qixingguan District, Bijie Prefecture, Guizhou Province.
Background on Project
Bijie is a 300 MW (2 x 150 MW) coal-fired power station owned by China Huadian. It is a co-generation power plant that went into operation in 2009. It is said to be the first CFB (circulating fluidized bed) units in Guizhou.
China Huadian is seeking environmental clearance to expand the power station by two 350 MW cogeneration units. The expansion project is designed to supply heat to the city of Bijie, which has no tradition of supplying central heating in winter.
In February 2018, the Guizhou Development and Reform Commission (DRC) published a list of Key programs and Major Projects for the province's economic development in 2018, which will have priority for loans, land, and subsidies. There are five coal power projects on the list, not including Bijie. Therefore, any immediate plans for this project appear to be shelved.
- Sponsor: Huadian Guizhou
- Parent company: China Huadian (92%), Bijie Xintai Investment (5%), Guizhou Guangda United Investment (3%)
- Location: Yachi Town, Qixingguan District, Bijie Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 27.276646, 105.3473367 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Shelved (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 300 MW (Units 1-2: 150 MW), 700 MW (Units 3-4: 350 MW)
- Projected in service: 2009 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Guizhou Bijie 2*150MW Thermal Power Plant Project," China Huadian website, 2011-11-01
- "贵州华电毕节热电有限公司 简介"貴州國控企業減排監測信息網
- "毕节七星关区就推进毕节热电供热和二期扩建事宜召开现场会," 毕节热电, 2015-05-14
- "贵州华电毕节热电有限公司 2*350MW项目大件运输评估报告书编制第二次招标公告," 全国, 2014-07-01
- "贵州华电毕节热电有限公司人才招聘计划"BJX Jobs, 2016-07-19