William C. Ayers is Distinguished Professor of Education, University of Illinois at Chicago. During the 2008 presidential race he was repeatedly attacked by Sarah Palin, John McCain's vice-presidential pick, as a "domestic terrorist" because of Ayers leadership in the militant Weather Underground, a student-led anti-Vietnam War organization. Palin's attack on Ayers was primarily an attack on Barack Obama for "palling around with known terrorists" because both served at the same time on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago.
In January 2009, the Republican lobby group Move America Forward protested speaking appearances by Ayers.  The organization supports the political ambitions of Palin and organizes for Bush policies in the so-called war on terror.
- Director, Woods Fund of Chicago
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ "Palin: Obama “palling around with terrorists,” Christian Science Monitor, October 5, 2008.
- ↑ "Terrorist Bill Ayers Faces Fate Tonight," Move America Forward blog, January 28, 2009.
- Scott Shane, "Obama and ’60s Bomber: A Look Into Crossed Paths," New York Times, October 4, 2008.
- Carla Marinucci, "'60s radical Ayers cheered, booed at St. Mary's," San Francisco Chronicle, January 29, 2009.