|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
L. Brent Bozell III is the founder and President of the Media Research Center, which calls itself a conservative media watchdog organization; and founder and former President of the Parents Television Council, which his Townhall.com biographical note describes as "the only Hollywood-based organization dedicated to restoring responsibility to the entertainment industry." 
"In June 1998, Mr. Bozell launched the Conservative Communications Center (C3) to provide the conservative movement with the marketing and public relations tools necessary to deliver its message into the 21st century. C3's online news division, the Cybercast News Service at www.CNSNews.com, has become a major internet news source with a full staff of journalists in its Washington, DC metro bureau, and operates bureaus in London and Jerusalem, with other correspondents around the world," his biographical note states.
"Bozell is a nationally syndicated writer whose work has appeared in a wide range of publications.
Bozell is Executive Director of the Conservative Victory Committee (CVC), "an independent multi-candidate political action committee that has helped elect dozens of conservative candidates over the past ten years. He was National Finance Chairman for the 1992 Buchanan for President campaign, and Finance Director and later President of the former National Conservative Political Action Committee (NCPAC). He currently belongs to the Council for National Policy (CNP) and sits on the Board of Directors of the American Conservative Union (ACU)," his biographical note states.
Media Transparency describes L. Brent Bozell III as "a zealot of impeccable right-wing pedigree. He is the nephew of columnist William F. Buckley and the son of L. Brent Bozell, Jr., who assisted Barry Goldwater with the writing of Conscience of a Conservative. He was the chief fund-raiser behind Pat Buchanan's unsuccessful bid for the Republican Presidential nomination in 1992."
According to Media Transparency, Bozell helped orchestrate the smear campaign directed at the opposition to Clarence Thomas's appointment to the Supreme Court in 1991. During the 2004 elections Bozell launched a 2.8 million dollar campaign to discredit the "liberal media".
Bozell's August 29, 2004, column on the eve of the Republican National Convention attempted to smear John Kerry by accusing him of "soldier-smearing", for having reported, during his 1971 Congressional testimony, on atrocities being committed in Vietnam.
Attack on Republican Leadership
Bozell is the president and treasurer of a Virginia non-profit corporation called America, Inc., operating as ForAmerica. As of February 3, 2011, their official website said "ForAmerica is his latest venture [...]". ForAmerica is targeting Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for his vote over the fiscal cliff. ForAmerica is using online ads against McConnell, who is up for reelection in 2014, calling him "Obama's bag man." Bozell states, "Senator McConnell is more interested in the art of the bad deal rather than standing up and fighting for conservative principles." Bozell also noted he “wouldn’t be surprised” if McConnell faced a conservative challenger in the 2014 Kentucky Republican primary.
Many right-wings groups are expressing their outrage that the fiscal cliff negotiations allowed the George W. Bush tax cuts for individuals making more than $400,000 a year to expire.
“There are serious votes coming up in the short term, like the debt limit and the CR. Does he move the ball forward, toward fiscal sanity and limited government, or is it more of the same retreat, retreat, retreat,” Bozell stated. "In short, is this leadership committed to freedom and prosperity, or is it Democrat Lite? If it's the former, we'll do everything possible to help. If it's the latter, we'll treat them like Democrats."
- Whitewash: What the Media Won't Tell You About Hillary Clinton, but Conservatives Will (with Tim Graham), Crown Forum, November 13, 2007, ISBN 0307340201.
- Weapons of Mass Distortion: The Coming Meltdown of the Liberal Media, Crown Forum, July 2004. ISBN 1400053781. Amazon.com.
- And That's the Way It Isn't: A Reference Guide to Media Bias (with Brent Baker), Media Research Center, 1990. Foreword by Jeane J. Kirkpatrick. ISBN 0962734802. Amazon.com.
Articles by L. Brent Bozell
- Bozell's News Columns, MediaResearch.org.
- "Can Ken Tomlinson Reign in the Liberal Bias at PBS?" National Ledger, May 4, 2005.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Terry Krepel, "Brent Bozell, Hate-Consumed Ideologue", ConWebWatch, January 22, 2001.
- Terry Krepel, "The Coming Bozell Meltdown", ConWebWatch, August 30, 2004.
- Jeff Jarvis, "King Prig," Buzz Machine, December 4, 2004.
- Jeff Jarvis, "FCC -- and media -- duped by Brent Bozell's complaint factory," Buzz Machine, December 6, 2004.
- Brian Montopoli, "Propaganda Clothed as Critique," Columbia Journalism Review, March 23, 2005.
- "Brent Bozell: Chicken," Crooks and Liars, November 28, 2005; see related "Scarborough bumps Johnson for Carlson."
- John Amato, "Press Release by C&L concerning Brent Bozell’s attack on Elizabeth Edwards," Crooks and Liars, June 28, 2007.
- Archived articles: Brent Bozell, Media Matters for America.
- Brent Bozell, NNDB.com.
- Brent Bozell and the Media Research Center, The ConWebWatch Primer.
- eRiposte, "Conservative Media Watch Organizations Alleging 'Liberal Bias' Fortunately, their OWN record on accuracy competes with the best works of fiction": Media Research Center (MRC), Illiberal Conservative Media.
- Brent Bozell, dKosopedia.
- Brent Bozell, Wikipedia.
- Bios: L. Brent Bozell III, MediaResearch.org.
- Columnists/Bios: Brent Bozell, Townhall.com.
- "Who's Who At the Values Voter Debate," Right Wing Watch/People for the American Way, September 17, 2007. Scroll down to Brent Bozell.
- "PTC President Bozell Announces Decision to Step Down and Welcomes Tim Winter as New President," Parents Television Council, September 1, 2006.
- Profile: Brent Bozell, Media Transparency.
- Howard Kurtz, "Bias Watch," Washington Post, June 28, 2004; Scroll down to mid page: Bozell's Media Research Center has raised $2.8 million for newspaper ads in 15 markets, billboards in 40 cities and a talk-radio blitz aimed at countering what he sees as a "liberal jihad" that is unfair to President Bush. The slogan (also on T-shirts and mugs) is not exactly subtle. A finger-pointing Uncle Sam declares: "Don't believe the liberal media!"
- L. Brent Bozell, "John Kerry's soldier-smearing," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, August 29, 2004.
- Commonwealth of Virginia State Corporation Commission / Clerk's Information System. Retrieved on June 14, 2011.
- ForAmerica / About. Retrieved on Feb. 3, 2011. “[...] ForAmerica is chaired by L. Brent Bozell III. [...] ForAmerica is his latest venture [...]”
- ForAmerica. Retrieved on Feb. 3, 2011.
- Alexander Bolton, "Conservative group targeting McConnell in Kentucky over fiscal-cliff deal", The Hill, January 9, 2013
- ForAmerica press release, "Conservatives Target McConnell in first ads of 2014 cycle" ForAmerica site, January 9, 2013