Died in 2009.
Brian Goodwin, Scholar in Residence at the Schumacher College.
"Brian teaches on the MSc in Holistic Science and contributing to short courses. He was Professor of Biology at the Open University before coming to the College ten years ago, with an academic career that combined biology with mathematics in the study of evolution and development at universities and research institutes in the UK and around the world. He has a BSc in Biology, a BA in maths, and a PhD in theoretical biology, but his main learning came through travel and research trying to understand the complex world in which we live. This led to Schumacher and Holistic Science in which education is based on cooperative learning experience in the Schumacher community, both conceptual and practical. He has written a number of books, including How The Leopard Changed Its Spots (1994) and his latest one, Nature’s Due: Healing Our Fragmented Culture (2007). His favourite activities are communing with the wisdom and energy of the River Dart and climbing trees." 
- Founding Fellow, International Futures Forum 
- Advisor, Gaia Foundation
- Former Trustee, Transition Network 
- International editorial board, Cosmos and History 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Staff, Schumacher College, accessed January 9, 2009.
- International Futures Forum IFF Clan, organizational web page, accessed February 6, 2012.
- Transition Network Trustees, organizational web page, accessed March 27, 2014.
- Cosmos and History Editorial team, organizational web page, accessed August 24, 2017.