CR Xiwu Qi Wujianfang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
CR Xiwu Qi Wujianfang power station (华润电力锡林郭勒公司五间房电厂), also known as the Huarun Power Wujianfang Power Plant, is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant under development in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
- 1 Location
- 2 Background on Project
- 3 Project Details
- 4 Articles and resources
The undated satellite below shows the location of the plant in Xiwuzhumuqin (Xiwu, or West Ujumqin) Banner, next to the Beijing Energy Wujianfang power station on the west side.
Background on Project
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In 2016 China's National Energy Administration issued "scale control" (coal-fired capacity limits) on particular "sending out" locations that feed ultra-high voltage (UHV) long-distance power lines, including Inner Mongolia (Xilingong), Inner Mongolia (Ordos), Shaanxi, Ningxia, and Xinjiang.
As of January 2017, the affected area includes this power station, which may be scaled down as a result. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2017: Expansion postponed by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
March 2018: Construction continues on project
Satellite imagery for 44.572488, 116.739511 shows that construction continued on the project in the period July 2017 to March 2018.
Unit 1 was commissioned on November 11, 2019.
- Sponsor: China Resources (70%), Beijing Energy Group (30%)
- Location: Xiwuzhumuqin (Xiwu, or West Ujumqin) Banner, Xilingol (Xilinguole) Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 44.6022, 116.70 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Unit 1), Construction (Unit 2)
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1&2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2019
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "华润电力五间房电厂二期可研、华电多伦电厂一期初可研通过审查," 2011-03-17
- "内蒙古自治区环境保护厅关于华润电力内蒙五间房高效节水," nmgepb.gov.cn, June 3, 2015
- "盟煤电基地大唐锡林浩特电厂等7个、862万千瓦煤电项目即将开工建设," 机电学院, 2015-4-14
- "华润五间房电厂新建工程项目获自治区发改委核准批复," 西乌旗发改局, 2015/7/22
- "内蒙古自治区环境保护厅 关于华润电力内蒙五间房高效节水节能发电 工程一期（2×660MW）机组 环境影响报告书的批复," 2015
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "2×660MW！华润电力首个特高压外送煤电机组投产," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/11/12