Carla M. Zampatti
This article is part of the Tobacco portal on Sourcewatch funded from 2006 - 2009 by the American Legacy Foundation.
Carla M. Zampatti
Appointed 17 December 1999 to SBS "for five years and reappointed for a further five years in December 2004. Ms Zampatti is Executive Chairman of the Carla Zampatti Group and holds directorships with Westfield Holdings Limited and McDonald's Australia Limited. She is also a Trustee of the Sydney Theatre Company Foundation Trust; and a Member of the Development Committee of the Sydney Theatre Company." 
In June 2009 Zampatti was made Companion (AC) in the General Division of the Order of Australia" for "service through leadership and management roles in the fashion and retail property sectors, to multicultural broadcasting, and to women as a role model and mentor."
In June 2009 her directorships were listed as being:
- Founder and Executive Chairman, Carla Zampatti Pty Ltd Group, since 1965.
- Director, Westfield Group, since 1997.
- Director, McDonalds Australia.
- Director, Carindale Property Trust.
- Director, British American Tobacco Australasia August 11, 1998 - July 2, 2001
- Director, Homebush Bay Development Corporation, 1994.
- Director, The Woolmark Company, 1993-1998.
- Member, Textiles, Clothing and Footwear Advisory Panel, Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, since 1995.
- Director, Australian Quality Council, 1993-1998.
- Member, Advisory Board, Property Services Group, New South Wales Government, 1993.
- Director, Migrant Employee Qualifications Board, 1993.
- Board Member, Australian Multicultural Foundation, since 2005.
- Chairman, SBS Corporation, since 1999.
- Member, Chief Executive Women, since 1991; executive roles, 1993-1995.
- Leader, Inaugural Australian Women Business Leaders' Mission to India, Austrade, 2008; the mission was organised to increase awareness of Australia's profile and industry capability and to enhance connections with important trading partners.
- Patron, Alliance of Girls Schools Australasia, since 1996.
- Member, Board of Management, Australian Graduate School of Management, Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales, 1994-2003.
- Member, Board of Governors, University of Western Sydney, 1993-1997.
- Director, Business/Higher Education Round Table, 1994-1996.
- Director, New South Wales TAFE Commission, 1993.
- Trustee, Sydney Theatre Company Foundation Trust, since 1995; current Member, Development Committee.
- Trustee, Art Gallery of New South Wales, 1987-1997; Member, Appeal Committee.
- Director, Council of Management, Australian Ballet School, 1995-1996.
- Centenary Medal, 2001.
- Australian Fashion Laureate, 2008.
- Australia Post Australian Legend, 2005.
- Commendatore in the Order of Merit of Italy, 2004.
- Honouring Women Ambassador, Office of the Status of Women, 2002.
- Designer of the Year, Australian Fashion Awards, 1994
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ Directors, SBS, accessed March 8, 2008.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Companion (AC) in the General Division of the Order of Australia", Governor General of Australia, June 2009, page 3.
- ↑ British American Tobacco Australasia, Annual Report 1999, British American Tobacco Australasia, 2000, page 11.
- ↑ Email from Louise Warburton (British American Tobacco Australasia) to Bob Burton (SoureWatch), June 10, 2009.