Jump to navigation Jump to search
Charles Lewis, "United States, is the president of the Fund for Independence in Journalism in Washington, and co-author of five books, including the bestseller, The Buying of the President 2004 (HarperCollins). He founded and for 15 years was the executive director of the award-winning Center for Public Integrity, the largest nonprofit, nonpartisan investigative reporting organization in the world, and in 1997 he initiated its International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ). In 1998, he was awarded a MacArthur Fellowship and in 2004 received the PEN USA First Amendment award. From l977 to l988 he did investigative reporting at ABC News and CBS News 60 Minutes." 
- Member, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- Member of the American Institutions of Democracy's Commission on the Role of the Media in American Democracy
- Advisory Board, Sunlight Foundation 
- Director, Fund for Investigative Journalism 
- Founder, Global Integrity
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Bill Allison, Coauthor
- ↑ ICIJ Member Biographies, Center for Public Integrity, accessed June 11, 2008.
- ↑ Directors, Sunlight Foundation, accessed July 21, 2008.
- ↑ Directors, Fund for Investigative Journalism, accessed January 8, 2010.