(Redirected from City Year New York)Jump to navigation Jump to search
City Year "was founded in 1988 by Michael Brown and Alan Khazei, then-roommates at Harvard Law School, who felt strongly that young people in service could be a powerful resource for addressing our nation's most pressing issues. Over the years, City Year has been built on the belief that one person can make a difference, and with the vision that one day service will be a common expectation - and a real opportunity - for citizens all around the world." 
- Jim Balfanz - President (since 2010)
- Steve Woodsum - Chair of the Board, Co-Founder Summit Partners
- Ilene Jacobs - Vice Chair of the Board; Executive Vice President, Human Resources (retired), Fidelity Investments
- Kristen Atwood - Founding Staff Member, City Year, Inc.
- Joe Banner - President and COO, Philadelphia Eagles
- Josh Bekenstein - Managing Director, Bain Capital, LLC
- Michael Brown, City Year - CEO and Co-Founder, City Year, Inc.
- Kathy Bushkin - COO, United Nations Foundation
- David L. Cohen - Executive Vice President, Comcast
- Monica Eav - City Year Alumna Law Clerk, Immigration Court, U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office of Immigration Review
- Corinne Ferguson - (Ex-Officio), Chair, City Year Boston
- David Gergen - Editor-at-Large U.S. News and World Report, Director of the Center for Public Leadership, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Rebeca Nieves Huffman - City Year Alumna President, Hispanic Council for Reform and Educational Options
- Rosabeth Moss Kanter - Ernest L. Arbuckle Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- Alan Khazei - Co-Founder and Former CEO, City Year, Inc.
- Wendy Kopp - President and Founder, Teach for America
- Jonathan Lavine - Managing Director, Bain Capital, LLCl Chief Investment Officer, Sankaty Advisors, LLC
- Rick Menell - President & CEO, Teal Exploration & Mining, Inc.
- Susan Nokes - Senior Vice President of Sales and Customer Service, T-Mobile USA
- Gregg Petersmeyer - Vice Chair, America's Promise - The Alliance for Youth
- Jennifer Eplett Reilly - Co-Founder, City Year, Inc.
- Jeff Shames - Executive in Residence, MIT Sloan School of Management
- Rodney Slater - U.S. Secretary of Transportation (1997-2001); Partner, Patton Boggs, LLP
- Jeffrey Swartz - President and CEO, The Timberland Company
- Michael J. Ward - Chairman, President and CEO, CSX Corporation
- Tom Ward - (Ex-Officio) Senior Partner, WilmerHale
- Maggie Williams - Partner, Griffin Williams LLC
Resources and articles
- Teboho Mahuma
- Jill W. Iscol - founding cochair
- Jeffrey Leonard - chair
- City Year London
- Jessica Barba Brown
- ↑ Welcome to city year, City Year, accessed July 7, 2007.
- ↑ City Year Inc. Board of Trustees, City Year, accessed July 7, 2007.