Clifford D. May
Clifford D. May is President of Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, Chairman of the Committee on the Present Danger's Policy Committee, Co Director for the Alliance for Research and National Security, a signatory of the Project for the New American Century, and former Republican National Committee's Director of Communications.
- Expert for the United States Committee for a Free Lebanon
- Member, Advisory Committee on Democracy Promotion
- Sarah Lawrence College, BA
- Columbia University
- School of Public and International Affairs, Masters
- School of Journalism, masters
- University of Leningrad, Russian language and literature certificate
- 2001-? - Weber Shandwick, Senior Managing Director in the Washington, D.C office
- 2001? - Secretary of the Interior Gail Norton, spokesperson
- 1997-00 - Republican National Committee, Director of Communications
- 1989-97 - Rocky Mountain News (Denver), Associate Editor
- New York Times, reporter, New York Times Sunday Magazine editor, foreign correspondent, NEW York Times West Africa bureau Chief
- Hearst Newspapers, Roving Foreign Correspondent
- Geo Magazine, Senior Editor
- 1975-78 - Newsweek, Associate Editor for international news
- (The Weber Shandwick reference is cited as BSMG Worldwide in some bio material)
- Former Denver newsman Cliff May, who orchestrated the Republican National Committee's media strategy during the past four years, won't be joining the Bush administration. May, who has been the chief media adviser to Norton, is joining the Washington public relations firm of BSMG Worldwide.
- Bill McAllister, "Beltway Notebook: Coloradan among candidates for forest chief job", Denver Post, Feb. 18, 2001
- Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, President
- Committee on the Present Danger (CPD), Chairman of Policy Committee
- Alliance for Research and National Security, Co-Director
- Project for the New American Century, signatory of multiple letters
- Republican Jewish Coalition, former Vice Chairman
- Council on Foreign Relations (Namebase shows him as being on the 1985 Membership Roster 
- Henry Jackson Society
- Bryan Bender, "VFW, American Legion back Iraq war. Groups urge patience to let 'surge' work," Boston Globe, August 16, 2007. re American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars
- John Stauber, "American Legion and VFW Launch Pro-War Lobby & PR Campaigns," Boston Globe (PR Watch), August 16, 2007. Includes SW internal links.
- Clifford May, op/ed: "The Long War: Yes, We've Been In Iraq Five Years And Counting; And Yes, The Outcome Counts," National Review, March 23, 2008.