Co2 is Green
background=CBE3AA | border=339933 | image=/images/3/35/Climatechangewords.jpg | width=100 | height=90| title=Portal:Climate Change | link=Portal:Climate Change | text=Learn more from the Center for Media and Democracy's research on climate change.}}
CO2 is Green is a "pending 501(C)(4) non-profit organization" that states on its website that it supports "scientifically and economically sound public policy" regarding the environment and issues related to it. The group promotes the idea that carbon dioxide cannot be considered a pollutant, because of "nature's dependence" on it.
In 2009, the group launched a website, www.co2isgreen.net to promote its agenda and encourage public participation. The site links to Plants Need CO2, a group whose named principal is H. Leighton Steward, who is the Chairman of the Board of The Institute for the Study of Earth and Man at Southern Methodist University. The Institute funded by Exxon Mobil, Shell Oil, Hunt Oil, Lyco Energy Corporation, and Five States Energy Corporation.
In September 2009, the group began running television advertisements in New Mexico, Montana, Washington, DC to promote its stance on networks in the United States.
Email: team AT co2isgreen.com
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Climate Change
- Climate change sceptics
- Climate change skeptics/common claims and rebuttal
- International Conference on Climate Change (2008)
- International Conference on Climate Change (2009)
- Researching global warming skeptics
- Front Groups
- CO2 Is Green (2009). Home Page. Retrieved on 2009-09-22.
- Plants Need CO2 (2009). About Plants Need CO2 - CO2 is Green & Green is Good. Retrieved on 2009-09-22.
- Institute for the Study of Earth and Man (2009). Institute Trustees. Retrieved on 2009-09-22.
- ExxonSecretsFactsheet (2009). Institute for the Study of Earth and Man, ISEM. Retrieved on 2009-09-22.