Coal transport accidents in New Zealand
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of coal transport accidents|
Coal transport accidents in New Zealand include the:
- In August 2013 the Christchurch to Greymouth railway line was closed after a coal wagon at the end of a train derailed. Passengers for the TranzAlpine passenger train were put onto buses. The railway line re-opened after a day.
Articles and resources
- "Derailment closes TranzAlpine route", Stuff.co.nz, August 24, 2013.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Coal transport accidents
- Coal transport accidents in Australia
- Coal transport accidents in India
- Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area and coal