Coalition for Immigration Security
The Coalition for Immigration Security, "a group of former Bush administration immigration officials now able to 'speak their minds'" , "advocates for comprehensive reform of the nation's immigration laws as part of a broader effort aimed at securing our borders." 
The Coalition says that "the only realistic approach to immigration reform is a comprehensive plan that takes into account the 12 million undocumented already here, and makes provisions future immigration." 
A July 20, 2006, open letter on Immigration Reform and National Security entitled "Coalition for Immigration Security" posted on the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) website, lists the following individuals, many of whom served with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security:
- Victor X. Cerda, Partner, Siff & Cerda LLP; Former Acting Director of Detention and Removal Operations, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Elaine Dezenski, Former Acting Assistant Secretary for Policy Development
- Brian C. Goebel, Founder, Sentinel HS Group; Former Counselor and Senior Policy Advisor to the Commissioner, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Pancho Kinney, Former Director of Strategy, White House Office of Homeland Security
- Jason Klitenic, Partner, McKenna Long & Aldridge; Former Deputy General Counsel, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Admiral James M. Loy, Senior Counselor, The Cohen Group; Former Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Michael J. Petrucelli, GridPoint, Inc.; Former Deputy Director and Acting Director, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Seth M.M. Stodder (Bio), Senior Counsel, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP; Former Director of Policy and Planning, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- C. Stewart Verdery, Jr., Principal, Mehlman Vogel Castagnetti, Inc.; Adjunct Fellow, Center for Strategic and International Studies; Former Assistant Secretary for Border and Transportation Security, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Joseph D. Whitley, Partner, Alston & Bird; Former General Counsel, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Testimony of Mr. C. Stewart Verdery, Jr., Former Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security, Center for Strategic and International Studies, Before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, June 19, 2006.
- Alison Espach, "House Immigration Reform Would be 'Doomed to Fail,' Say Critics," Cybercast News Service, July 21, 2006.
- "US Immigration Group Calls for Comprehensive Reforms," Voice of America News, August 3, 2006.
- "Former Bush Immigration officials: House plan doomed to fail," Migra Matters Blogspot, August 6, 2006.