"Colfax Corporation was started in 1995 by Steven and Mitchell Rales with a simple but aggressive goal: building a world-class global industrial enterprise focused on delighting its customers and dedicated to continuous improvement.
"The nucleus of our Company came from several acquisitions in the late 1990s, most notably IMO Industries Inc. and Allweiler AG. These brought Colfax into the fluid handling and mechanical power transmission sectors.
"Also in the 1990s, Colfax adopted the Colfax Business System (CBS) as its operating model. Based on the Danaher Business System and the Toyota Production System, CBS is the foundation of our culture and drives our performance...At the beginning of 2012, Colfax began a new chapter with the acquisition of Charter International plc. Charter brought to Colfax two premier industrial franchises – ESAB and Howden – and transformed our Company into a multi-platform industrial enterprise providing solutions that make the world workTM." 
Accessed December 2013: 
- Mitchell P. Rales - Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Steven E. Simms - President and Chief Executive Officer and Director
- Clay H. Kiefaber - Executive Vice President, Chief Executive Officer ESAB Global and Director
- Patrick W. Allender - Director
- Thomas S. Gayner - Director
- Rhonda L. Jordan - Director
- San W. Orr III - Director
- A. Clayton Perfall - Director
- Rajiv Vinnakota - Director